Financial Reporting Senior Accountant
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We’re proudly supported by high-quality investors like GV (Google Ventures), New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Amazon, Samsung, Bosch, HP, Airbus, and more.
We are looking for a Financial Reporting Senior Accountant. As a Financial Reporting Senior Account, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team whose mission is to lead IonQ on its journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems.
- Prepare the Company’s SEC filings, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and the annual Proxy statement
- Assist with the preparation of the Company’s quarterly earnings release and deliverables to the Audit Committee
- Develop and review required schedules to support the quarterly reviews and the annual audit with the Company’s external auditors
- Assemble the quarterly cash flow statement, equity rollforward and earnings per share calculations
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly KPI flash reporting and monthly controller report
- Determine the appropriate measurement and recognition of all stock-based compensation awards
- Review the monthly and quarterly journal entries and account reconciliations for equity, warrants and investments
- Assist in the development of key accounting processes
- Prepare technical accounting white papers, as needed, to support conclusions reached on significant accounting transactions and issues
- Perform Sarbanes-Oxley key controls in a timely manner when implemented
- Design processes to make all procedures more efficient and accurate, including identifying areas to better leverage our accounting systems to increase automation
- Perform procedures to assist with the implementation of new systems and technology
- Assist in the development and implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley compliant internal controls
- Provide backup support for other positions within the department as needed
- Support the Assistant Controller in special projects as needed
You’d be a good fit with:
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 3 years of SEC reporting experience
- Experience with a Big Four accounting firm or other national accounting firm
- Strong desire and ability to develop new skills quickly in a fast-paced, high-volume environment to continuously improve processes
- Willingness to take on challenges and think constructively to solve problems
You’d be a great fit with:
- CPA credential held
- Strong analytical and organizational and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage deadline requirements and multi-task projects
- High competency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experienced with SaaS or Software industries preferred
Our HQ is located in the Discovery Park area of College Park, Maryland. We are a five-minute walk from the Metro.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.