Staff Technical Program Manager
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
- Own the end-to-end delivery of future-generations of IonQ quantum computers
- Create and manage project timelines, establishing key milestones, major deliverables, ensuring resource alignment, and driving the team towards forward at a rapid pace.
- When projects encounter significant obstacles, roll up your sleeves, dive into details, and lead problem solving efforts.
- Coordinate and interface with all project dependencies including other technical teams both internal and external to the company.
- Coordinate with supply chain companies to ensure they are aligned with our efforts to build and deliver systems on a rapid schedule
- Present and report project status to Senior Management
You’d be a good fit with:
- A deep background in physics and systems engineering
- The ability to lead technical teams through problems and situations with high levels of ambiguity
- Experience in managing projects and delivering technical/product goals within aggressive timelines
- Effective communication skills with the technical team and other parts of the organization
You’d be a great fit with:
- Experience in management of research and development projects.
- Master's degree or above in Engineering or Science with preference in Physics.
- Proficient executive presentation communication skills
- Experience in supply chain management
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.