IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We’re proudly supported by high-quality investors like GV (Google Ventures), New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Amazon, Samsung, Bosch, HP, Airbus, and more.
We are looking for a Content Manager. As a Content Manager, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team whose mission is to lead IonQ on its journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems.
- Develop and maintain IonQ’s editorial calendar
- Draft blog posts, social media posts, and explainer scripts; helping translate technical detail into accessible storytelling with consistent brand voice
- Identify external opportunities for content development and convert those into owned content
- Identify and engage external subject matter experts as content creators
- Track, report on, and optimize for content performance across IonQ properties using tools like Google Analytics and Sprout Social (blog, social, video, email, etc.)
- Maintain and organize our digital content library
You’d be a good fit with:
- Minimum 2 years experience writing and managing technical content
- Strong writing and proofreading skills are an absolute must
- Experience managing social media and blog properties for someone other than yourself
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree (ideally in journalism, communications, engineering or science), but not strictly necessary
You’d be a great fit with:
- Technical writing and/or science communications experience
- Experience/skill producing branded content in other media (audio, video, visual)
- Experience with SEO/SEM best practices and other forms of content optimization
- Cross-platform content strategy experience — repurposing, repackaging, and sharing content across platforms for maximum reach and impact
- Technical education and/or science communications experience
- Currently located near or willing to relocate to College Park, Maryland area
Our HQ is located in the Discovery Park area of College Park, Maryland. We are a five-minute walk from the Metro.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.