We’re building the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s hardest problems
We believe useful quantum computers will look as different from the laptops and smartphones we use every day as classical computers appear next to an abacus. And we believe the best way to build a quantum computer is by starting with nature’s qubit: the atom. Accurate, powerful, and flexible, ionized atoms are the heart of our quantum systems.
After decades of research, IonQ was founded in 2015 by Chris Monroe and Jungsang Kim with $2 million in seed funding from New Enterprise Associates, a license to core technology from the University of Maryland and Duke University, and the goal of taking trapped ion quantum computing out of the lab and into the market. The next year, we raised an additional $20 million from GV, Amazon Web Services, and NEA, and built two of the world’s most accurate quantum computers.
- College Park, MD
President & CEO
VP Finance & Operations
Senior RF Engineer
VP Product Development
Co-Founder & CSO
Director of Hardware
Co-Founder & Chief Scientist
Sr. Theoretical Physicist
Director of Control Systems
Board & Advisors
Venture Partner, NEA
General Partner, GV
Professor of Physics at Caltech
CEO at QuantumScape
Help shape the future of computing
We’re growing a passionate, diverse team of collaborative, creative people. We believe in pursuing innovative, challenging work with integrity, alongside team members we can learn from and grow with. Intrigued, but unsure if you're a fit? We encourage you to apply, as we need a range of experiences on the team.
We work in College Park, down the street from the University of Maryland and just a few minutes from Washington, DC.
Here are some of our benefits:
- Biweekly catered lunches
- They’re not laser cooked, but they’re delicious.
- Parental leave
- 100% paid maternity and bonding leave for eligible employees.
- Health, vision, dental insurance, and an HSA for you and your family.
- Flexible time off
- We believe in achieving our goals and then taking the vacation we need.
- Save in our 401(k) and we'll match up to 5% (vesting over five years).
- University facilities
- Access to UMD library, gym, and more.
- Commuter benefits
- Spend pre-tax dollars on public transportation or your bicycle (we provide secure, covered storage).