Last revised on: June 3, 2022
1. Questions; Contacting Company; Reporting Violations
2. User Consent
3. A Note to Users Outside of the United States
4. Types of Data We Collect
“Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
a. Information You Provide to Us
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, including:
- Business and personal contact information, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title and company name.
- Content you choose to upload to an IonQ service, such as code along with the metadata associated with the files you upload.
- Profile information, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us, your photograph, interests, and preferences.
- Registration information, such as information that may be related to a service, an account or an event you register for.
- Demographic Information, such as your city, state, country of residence, postal code, and age.
- Transaction information, such as details of products or services you have purchased from us.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
- We may also collect Personal Data, such as at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
b. Information Collected via Technology
Information Collected by Our Servers
To make our Site and services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user.
c. How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable consumers to opt out of tracking on our Site.
d. Analytics Services and Interest-Based Advertising
5. Use of Your Personal Data
a. General Use
In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- provide, operate and improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; and
- provide information about our products and services;
- establish and maintain your user profile on our services;
- facilitate your login to an IonQ service via third-party identity and access management providers;
- enable security features of any IonQ service, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
- communicate with you about the Site and any IonQ service, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Site and IonQ service and our communications;
- research and development--we analyze use of the Service to analyze and improve the Site and IonQ Services and to develop new products and services, including by studying user demographics and use of the Site and IonQ services;
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
b. To comply with law.
We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
c. For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety.
We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Site or an IonQ service; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
d. With your consent.
In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
e. Creation of Anonymous Data
We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifi