Senior Technician - Electronics
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We are looking for an Electronics Technician. As an Electronics Technician, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team whose mission is to lead IonQ on its journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems.
- Electronics Assembly of PCBS’s, Cables, and or other electromechanical assemblies as assigned.
- Soldering circuit card assemblies under a microscope
- Cable harness assembly
- Coordinate PCB fabrication and board assembly services as required
- Incoming inspection of printed circuit cards and components
- Manage raw materials inventory - wire, fasteners, consumables, etc.
Electronics testing and debugging
- Perform board and system level testing, debug, and rework
- Prepare test reports and maintain test records
- Create test plans and procedures
- Assist with lab organization and safety procedures
- Maintain inventories of miscellaneous components, cables, and adapters
- Arrange for equipment calibration
You’d be a good fit with:
- AAS in Electronics Technology or equivalent training
- IPC-A-600 and IPC-JSTD-001 certification (Class 2 or higher)
- Strong computer skills, familiarity with Windows and Linux
- Experience using oscilloscopes, signal generators, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers
- >5 years related experience
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.
IonQ Covid-19 Policy: IonQ requires all employees to provide proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 before starting employment.