FP&A Business Partner
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We are looking for a financial planning & analysis business partner (FP&A BP) who can play a vital role in furthering IonQ’s exciting trajectory, with a specific focus on our engineering functions. As an FP&A business partner, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team that works across IonQ departments to forecast, measure, visualize, and analyze all financial aspects of our business. You’ll have unparalleled access to leaders throughout IonQ’s rapidly-growing organization and will partner with them to shape the future of the company. You will also contextualize your work as a part of the broader finance team, where you will gain valuable skills and mentors to support your development as a finance professional. Your work will be central to our mission of building the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems, transforming business, society, and the planet for the better.
- Support leaders across IonQ in decision-making, providing thoughtful financial analysis to maximize long-term value for the business
- Guide IonQ departments through their strategic planning processes, helping to identify and prioritize key opportunities
- Partner with department leaders in our engineering group to structure their budgets and forecasts
- Collaborate on IonQ’s company-wide budget
- Contribute to the measurability and control of IonQ’s spending, allowing us to operate as a well-oiled machine
- Produce timely and accurate financial reports for various stakeholders throughout IonQ
- Serve as a financial strategist for cross-functional company initiatives, such as product definition and manufacturing
- Contribute to continuous improvements in our planning and reporting processes and systems
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a technical field (engineering, physics, etc.)
- Minimum 1-3 years experience
- High degree of comfort working with financial statements and Microsoft Excel models
- Superb oral, written, and visual communication skills
- Experience in a top-tier banking, consulting, finance, or strategy analyst program
- Experience in a financial planning & analysis capacity; familiarity with budgeting and strategic planning processes
- Experience in a rapid-growth startup or technology business
- Enthusiasm for quantum computing, engineering, and physics
- Knack for understanding, simplifying, and communicating highly technical information
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We have also recently announced our new manufacturing and production facility in the Seattle, Washington area. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, Boston and Toronto metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.