Staff Technical Program Manager - Quantum Computing
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We are looking for a Staff Technical Program Manager, embedded in the System Architecture & Performance (SA&P) team. SA&P is responsible for the architecture, characterization, simulation, and optimization of IonQ’s current and next-generation quantum computers. With your program management and technical skills, you will be a critical piece in enabling the engineers and scientists in SA&P to fulfill their mission.
- Own the end-to-end delivery of SA&P’s deliverables, critical for the success of current and next-generation quantum computers. This involves program management of numerous research and development work streams in both hardware and software.
- Create and manage project timelines, establish key milestones and major deliverables, ensure resource alignment, and drive teams forward at a rapid pace.
- Roll up your sleeves, dive into details, and contribute to technical efforts with a high sense of urgency and bias for action.
- Coordinate and interface with all project dependencies across other technical and non-technical teams.
- Create, write, and present concise, data-driven project status reports and presentations to senior management.
You’d be a good fit with:
- 7+ years experience in managing projects and delivering technical/product goals within aggressive timelines
- The ability to lead technical teams through problems and situations with high levels of ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience working in research and development in industry or at a national lab.
- B.S. in physics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, or other technical field
You’d be a great fit with:
- PhD in Engineering or Science with preference in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- Experience or training in quantum computing
- Experience in management of R&D projects
- Proficient executive presentation and communication skills
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We have also recently announced our new manufacturing and production facility in the Seattle, Washington area. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle and Toronto metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.