Principal Solutions Architect - Quantum Computing
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We are looking for a Quantum Solutions Architect. As a Quantum Solutions Architect, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team whose mission is to lead IonQ on its journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems.
Join a nimble team of scientists, engineers, marketers, business developers, and product managers to drive an entirely new quantum computing business. We’re seeking versatile engineers and architects skilled in technical sales, technical demos and customer interactions who feel energized to deliver IonQ’s quantum computing products and quantum applications. We are seeking candidates to hire in both the US and for our new Basel, Switzerland location.
- Assist with developing a pipeline of Commercial and Government opportunities for IonQ’s quantum computers and quantum applications
- Create thought leadership assets around use cases for quantum computers
- Inspire prospective customers by sharing IonQ roadmap, and answering their technical questions about quantum computers and quantum business use cases (you will receive training on the job, as needed)
- Translate business needs expressed by our clients into a technical proposal
- Share insights from clients with the hardware and applications team, so client feedback is incorporated into our products
- Create Jupyter Notebook demos or other sales assets to explain and demo features of our quantum applications and other IonQ quantum products
- Assist sales team with driving prospects down the sales funnel
- Lead in client mini-workshops to inspire quantum computing engagements and new quantum use case ideas
- Partner with marketing, developer relations and business development to grow the IonQ footprint
- Attend industry conferences, as needed, to talk to client and support our booth activities
- Some travel expected in the US (40%) but opportunities for global travel are available as well for client meeting and IonQ conference activities
You’d be a good fit with:
- 10 years of experience in technical sales or equivalent
- 10 years experience in a technical leadership role
- 3 years of experience developing Jupyter Notebooks for client demos
- Master's degree or above in Machine Learning, Data Science, or other STEM field, such as chemistry or physics
- Motivated learner with a strong interest in quantum computing
- Excellent communicator able to concisely explain technical solutions and meet the client at their level of understanding to inspire.
You’d be a great fit with:
- PhD in a STEM field, perhaps adjacent to quantum computing
- Hands on experience with Qiskit, Cirq or other quantum computing SDK
- Proficient in HPC
- Proficient in Python and Jupyter Notebooks
- Expert Solution Architect across various technologies
- Experience leading technical events
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We have also recently announced our new manufacturing and production facility in the Seattle, Washington area. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle and Toronto metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.