Senior Process Integration Engineer, Microfabrication
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We’re proudly supported by high-quality investors like GV (Google Ventures), New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Amazon, Samsung, Bosch, HP, Airbus, and more.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer for Microfabrication and Integration. As a Senior Engineer for Microfabrication and Integration, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team whose mission is to lead IonQ on its journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems.
- Masters or PhD in Engineering or Materials Science or relevant field/discipline
- 10+ years of experience in microfabrication or nanofabrication process development
- 5+ years of experience leading microfabrication or nanofabrication process development in an industrial setting
- Working knowledge of microfabrication or nanofabrication processes, their compatibilities, and their limits
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, an attention to detail, and a collaborative mindset
- Cleanroom experience handling, inspecting, and characterizing microfabricated devices
- Proficiency in examining and editing device masks in L-Edit, Klayout, or similar
You’d be a good fit with:
- Experience with custom microfabrication or nanofabrication process development
- Experience with MEMS device fabrication or MEMS fabrication techniques
- Experience with fabrication and characterization of photonic integrated devices and circuits
- Packaging experience that includes integration of electrical, mechanical, and optical components
- Familiarity with thermal, electrical, and mechanical modeling of devices in COMSOL or similar.
- Proficiency programming in Python
- Experience using 3D CAD tools like Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks
Our HQ is located in the Discovery Park area of College Park, Maryland. We are a five-minute walk from the Metro.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.