Staff Infrastructure Engineer, Security
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We are looking for a Staff Infrastructure Engineer. As a Staff Infrastructure Engineer for Security, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team whose mission is to lead IonQ on its journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems.
- Help build out and maintain our on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure
- Help develop and implement our digital and physical security plans
- Analyze root causes, trends, and systematic issues
- Coordinate and drive incident response
- Lead our NIST800-53 compliance efforts and SOC2 audits
- Improve the security and privacy of our cloud infrastructure and facilities
- Prepare teams across the company through exercises, training, and collaboration
- Collaborate with both technical and non-technical teams, from legal, to engineering, to finance, to operations, to supply chain
The ideal candidate will have experience leading or contributing to multiple simultaneous initiatives, balancing multiple activities with a keen eye for prioritizing for the biggest impact. You’ll be able to balance technical expertise and savvy with strong business judgment to make great technology choices with lasting impact. You’ll strive for simplicity and demonstrate significant creativity and incisive judgment. You'll enjoy learning technical topics, working across multiple business streams, and be uniquely positioned to help us reach the next horizon in secure quantum computing.
In the first three months, you’ll be helping roll out the next iteration of our formal security program, while getting us ready for our SOC2 audit later this year.
You’d be a good fit with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience -- untraditional backgrounds are welcome and encouraged!
- Proficient programming expertise in Go or Python
- 5 years of experience with incident or emergency response coordination
- Technical experience in systems administration, software engineering, digital forensics, security engineering and/or privacy engineering
You’d be a great fit with:
- Familiarity with NIST800-53 and other info-sec frameworks
- Prior experience with SOC2 audits
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform and Terraform
- Excitement to learn and get things done right
- Empathy for your internal and external customers and excellent communication skills, since you’ll be working with folks of all backgrounds -- technical and non-technical alike!
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.