Product Designer, Cloud
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We’re proudly supported by high-quality investors like GV (Google Ventures), New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Amazon, Samsung, Bosch, HP, Airbus, and more.
We are looking for a Product Designer, Cloud. As a Product Designer, Cloud, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team whose mission is to lead IonQ on its journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems.
- Work with the greater design and engineering team to conceptualize, design, and ship product features across our cloud platform.
- Collaborate and communicate with business development, algorithms experts, external vendors, engineering, and your fellow designers.
- Effectively self-manage multiple projects, priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
You’d be a good fit with:
- 5+ years experience designing and shipping products and features for multiple platforms.
- A portfolio of shipped product design that showcases your skills, and addresses not just what you’ve made, but why it’s the best solution, and what impact it had on the users and business you made it for.
- Enough proficiency with frontend code (HTML, CSS, JS) or other tools to be able to effectively prototype designs that require prototyping.
- Enough familiarity with design research and usability testing methods to perform these activities without supervision.
- Experience shipping and iterating on products in the real world.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to communicate design decisions to diverse audiences including designers, product managers, engineers, and business leaders.
You’d be a great fit with:
- Experience working with cloud compute, developer tools, or API-first products and platforms.
- Better-than-prototyper level front-end development skills, especially with React
- Expert-level experience with responsive design
- Experience building and rolling out UX/UI pattern libraries.
- Experience developing high-level product strategy (tell us *why*, not just what or how)
Our HQ is located in the Discovery Park area of College Park, Maryland. We are a five-minute walk from the Metro.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.