Senior Electronics Technician
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We’re proudly supported by high-quality investors like GV (Google Ventures), New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Amazon, Samsung, Bosch, HP, Airbus, and more.
We are looking for a Senior Electronics Technician. As a Senior Electronics Technician, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team whose mission is to lead IonQ on its journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems.
- Electronics Assembly
- Incoming inspection of printed circuit cards and components
- Manage raw materials inventory
- Micro soldering circuit card assemblies
- Cable harness assembly
- Enclosure integration
- Electronics testing and debugging
- Create test plans and procedures
- Perform board and system level testing, troubleshooting, and rework
- Prepare test reports and maintain test records
- Lab management
- Assist with lab organization and safety procedures
- Maintain inventories of miscellaneous components, cables, and adapters
- Arrange for equipment calibration
You’d be a good fit with:
- AAS in Electronics Technology or equivalent training
- IPC-A-600 and IPC-A-610 certification
- Experience using programmable power supplies, digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, and signal generators
- Detailed understanding of RF testing using spectrum analyzers, phase noise analyzers, and vector network analyzers
- Ability to interpret PCB schematics and layout to support board debug and rework
- Strong computer skills, familiarity with Windows and Linux
- >10 years related experience
You’d be a great fit with:
- Familiarity with Altium CAD software
- Familiarity with optical systems
- Mechanical design for electronics (e.g. enclosures, mounting hardware, heatsinks, etc.)
Our HQ is located in the Discovery Park area of College Park, Maryland. We are a five-minute walk from the Metro.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.