Senior Manager of Facilities and Real Estate Operations
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
The Sr. Facilities and Real Estate Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing the day-to-day operations of multiple office locations and premises, facilities planning, building maintenance, programming for company-wide facilities, vendor selection and management, lease reviews and recommending capital investments. This position will lead a small team of Office Managers and Assistants.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Plans with Senior Leadership for new office locations working directly with real estate firms and subcontractors.
- Manages safety, compliance, operation and maintenance, building systems, and innovation requirements are met within the controlled environments (e.g. Labs, clean rooms).
- Oversees operation of sophisticated electrical (power supply, generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution and control and monitoring systems), mechanical, and HVAC systems in critical and laboratory environments.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, business partners and direct reports.
- Participates in equipment make/buy decisions; participates in source selection and provides technical oversight of suppliers.
- Performs site visits of offices, reviews and coordinates all lease terms/agreements, execution and management of leases through renewal or expiration.
- Manages all phases of development for small, large, and complex construction and facilities improvement projects.
- Owns selection of vendors and contractors, conducts site walks, and ensures all work is completed satisfactorily. Monitors the performance of contracts to ensure compliance with applicable specifications and scope of work.
- Plans, prepares, monitors, and manages facility project budgets.
- Collaborates with all functional leadership teams including but not limited to Engineering, HR, and Finance to deliver solutions that support company growth and business goals.
- Develop and maintains workplace standards including facility branding and brings a sense of community to all locations.
- Understand and align workplace strategies to corporate cultural and employee experience ambitions.
- Manages Custodial, Pest Control, FF&E, all vendors’ that “touch the building” including new technologies or WiFi, IT, appliance, furniture, catering, artwork, plants, etc.
- Maintains seating chart and staff location including expansion or rearranging, as needed
- Manages any special Events or visitations or trainings held at the office from room setup, food orders, etc.
- Sources and coordinates all aspects of an employee move into a new office.
- Leads all offices Facilities Team Members in College Park, MD, Boston, and Seattle
- On call or delegate to a Facilities team member who is available 24/7
- Manages a team of office receptionists, office managers and facilities team members in multiple office locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, planning or construction management. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
- Minimum 5 years of responsible facility planning, building maintenance, or construction project management experience.
- Experience with critical system environments preferred.
- Self-starter leads and directs with minimal input, good communication, delegation, and flexibility skills.
- Construction management principles, real estate office acquisitions, facility planning, modular furniture, building maintenance and operations, project management principles.
- Building operations and mechanical systems including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, renewable energy, water. Demonstrated knowledge of access controls and security systems a plus.
- Experience with power supply, generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution and control and monitoring systems.
- Must possess knowledge in water and waste management, energy-saving methodologies, and a vision to promote environmentally sustainable projects that reduce company’s carbon footprint.
- Can read plans, specifications and create schedules.
- Certifications & licenses – active CFM preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems and associated processes.
- Physical requirements – Work is generally performed both in office and systems labs, with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. Frequent sitting, standing, walking, lifting, reaching, or carrying of equipment and materials may be required. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability.
- Estimated travel 25%.
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.