Chief Revenue Officer
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
As the Chief Revenue Officer you will be responsible for leading all revenue-growth strategies and execution. You’ll have direct responsibility for sales operations, partnerships, brand, PR, and revenue maximization. You’ll have proven experience engaging Fortune 1000 enterprises and winning commercial contracts as well as bidding on governmental business.
In addition to strategy and revenue leadership, you will be a visible presence across the industry and quantum market and will personally drive large complex deals and opportunities.
You will bring a proven track record of building high performing teams and establishing clear direction translating strategies into ambitious, yet attainable plans. This leader will prioritize and allocate resources to balance short-term business pressures, while keeping eye on strategic growth strategies, new revenue streams, and long-term goals.
- Build and lead the global growth team which will consist of Sales, Partnerships, Brand, PR, and Business Development
- Possess unquestioned integrity and business ethics. Always leads by example and demonstrate a firm commitment to IonQ’s culture, company values and team spirit
- Build out short and long term revenue growth strategies in a nascent industry with new technology and applications
- Build strong relationships with customers, partners, and internal stakeholders
- You rely on data to identify market segments that generate the most revenue and quickly identify areas for growth that are impacting revenue generation
- Design channels for sustainable revenue growth from existing customers and new customer acquisition
- Play a hands-on, direct role in sales and account management, helping to lead and close deals, as well as managing relationships with key customers
- Attract, hire, train, and retain a world class team
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product toward the goal of offering market-leading products and service solutions
- Work closely with the finance department to implement better metrics to improve sales forecasting
You’d be a good fit with:
- 15+ years leading and operating sales growth and business development teams and roles
- You will have experience within the software/hardware computing industry and be a future-thinking, strategically agile, and creative leader.
- Demonstrated success in enterprise, commercial, and government sales
- Proven success scaling a business, attracting talent, building a global team structure, motivating and inspiring the team, delegating effectively, and managing performance
- Tenaciously results-oriented and data driven, obsessing about customer metrics and insights to ensure we provide the highest possible customer outcomes
- Demonstrated experience leading an early-stage company to rapid revenue growth and market capture
- History of setting clear and challenging goals, including consistently delivering on quarterly sales growth objectives
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the organization and push the boundaries within the industry
- Experience leading organizations through change over long periods of time
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, or sciences
You’d be a great with:
- MBA or Master’s in software development, engineering, or physics a plus
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.