Engineer, RF Test
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We are looking for a RF Test Engineer. As a RF Test Engineer, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team whose mission is to lead IonQ on its journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems. You will contribute to the test and production of high performance RF subsystems for laser control. You will lead the validation of a variety of subsystems that contain RF synthesizers (1-15 GHz), power amplifiers (1- 5 W), passive devices, RF switches, integrated RF modules, and other components. Contribute to transitioning from connectorized component solutions to IC/board level solutions by conducting a variety of tests. In this position, you will play a key role in developing RF subsystems and transitioning test and troubleshooting capability from engineering to manufacturing.
- Assist with final assembly, integration, and inspection of RF boards and systems
- Create test procedures for PCB and rack-mount subsystems based on RF performance requirements
- Perform RF testing, troubleshooting, and tuning of board and subsystem assemblies
- Prepare test reports and maintain test records
- Assist with the characterization of RF components to support new product development
- Contribute to establishing and maintaining the test infrastructure to support automated testing of production RF assemblies
- Assist with maintenance and calibration of RF test equipment
You’d be a good fit with:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 0-3 years experience with testing, troubleshooting, and tuning RF circuits to the component and subsystem level
- Ability to create and interpret schematics, board layout, assembly drawings, block diagrams, and RF component data sheets
- Detailed understanding of RF test equipment including: power meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, and vector network analyzers
- Knowledge of how to perform RF measurements including: gain, input/output return loss, P1dB, IP2/IP3, isolation, noise figure and phase noise
- Strong computer skills, familiarity with Windows and Linux
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment
You’d be a great fit with:
- Work experience in RF testing and theory
- Ability to perform SMT rework to IPC standards using a microscope
- Familiarity with Altium CAD software is a plus
- Familiarity with optical systems is a plus
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.