Strategic Sourcing Manager
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager. As a Strategic Sourcing Manager you’ll be part of a cross-functional team whose mission is to lead IonQ on its journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems.
As a Strategic Sourcing Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing select supplier relationships within IonQ’s supply base.
- Serve as the IonQ primary point of contact to a select group of suppliers within the IonQ supply base
- Responsible establishing and maintaining strategic partnerships within the supply base while reducing supply chain risk, including conducting periodic business reviews
- Responsible to negotiate pricing agreements, periodic price reductions, and measures to enhance security of supply
- Responsible for collaborating with other functional areas within IonQ to successfully coordinating and consolidating IonQ’s needs to suppliers in a streamlined manner
- Responsible for procurement strategy, supplier selection, and supplier maintenance for a representative commodity procurement group(s)
- Collaborate with other functional areas within IonQ in order to effectively develop and communicate forecasts to supply partners
- Collaborate with other functional areas within IonQ to effectively communicate and manage design changes to and from the supply base so as to minimize or eliminate impact to engineering and production activities
- Travel up to 25% of the time
You’d be a good fit with:
- 3-5 years experience in supply chain management or strategic procurement/sourcing
- Experience successfully negotiating with suppliers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a high level of ambiguity
- Strong desire to seek opportunities for improvement and drive strategic change
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Supply Chain Management or other related business discipline
- Strongly skilled at managing across functional areas
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
You’d be a great fit with:
- Experience as a manager of people
- CPIM or CSCP certification
- Best-in-class cross-functional communication, collaboration & presentation skills
- Experience in a culture
- Experience in ERP systems with a very comfortable knowledge of MRP
- Experience with NetSuite
- Additional experience desired with semiconductor, optics, and photonics components, modules and systems
- Experience with strategic sourcing in a manufacturing business environment
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.