IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We are looking for an HR Coordinator. As an HR Coordinator, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team whose mission is to lead IonQ on its journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems.
The HR Coordinator will be involved in the entire employee experience and critical to the following functions: Onboarding, HRIS /ADP tool entry and report management. Interface with our partners in payroll and finance. In addition, benefit administration, to include our core benefits, HSA, 401k enrollments, etc. Participate in additional projects for annual performance management, employee engagement, Learning Management Systems and other projects and programs.
- HRIS – Maintain the integrity of the data, enter new hires, and general reporting
- Benefits Administration
- New employee Onboarding
- Intern programs
- New hire orientation
- New policy creation and implementation
You’d be a good fit with:
- Strong analytical and process improvement skills.
- Strong team player, lots of ongoing projects, we all jump in and get it done.
- Must have strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and prioritization abilities along with initiative, analytical skills, and good judgment.
- Must be able to work independently. Ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and/or Google tools, especially Excel.
You’d be a great fit with:
- Customer/service mindset for the people and the business.
- HRIS - You will be the first point of contact for all inquiries, inputs, and issues related to the use of the HRIS, employee, and organizational data. Communicate with employees and managers regarding time and attendance and other payroll-related deadlines. Troubleshoot and resolve operating issues to ADP customer support. HRIS implementation experience preferred; implementation of the ADP platform a plus.
- Benefits Administration - Responsible for comprehensive employee benefits administration to include enrollment for new hires, annual open enrollment, preparation of reports, balancing employee benefits contributions, and payment of provider invoices. Work closely with the Broker to resolve billing or enrollment discrepancies. Respond to employee requests.
- New Employee Onboarding - Welcome new employees, obtain completed federal, state and I-9 and E-verify confirmation. Responsible for compliance of EEOC, OFCCP, and HIPPA. Ensures that all new hire background checks, along with new hire onboarding is complete. Conduct weekly new hire orientation.
- Experience with administration of Immigration a plus.
- Identifies opportunities to automate, simplify, and streamline processes.
- Participates in a variety of other People team projects as needed.
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.