IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We are looking for a Content Manager to help elevate IonQ’s awareness as a brand to educate and influence our diverse set of audiences. As a Content Manager, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team whose mission is to lead IonQ on its journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems.
You will oversee the development, distribution, and effectiveness of the online presence (blog, social, email, and website) of a company as a Content Manager. Your entire focus will be in enhancing the content of the company's efforts to educate and engage our audiences via various owned and earned channels.
Among key skills required to succeed in this role, you’ll demonstrate the following:
- Analytical skills: You are versatile in dealing with a lot of data, so you know how to filter what is valuable and relevant for our core audiences.
- Organizational skills: While you have a lot on your plate, you are able to prioritize and execute on day to day programs while keeping the team informed.
- Communication: You are able to effectively articulate and engage our value proposition to the world. Internally, you need to be able to efficiently express your opinions and keep the company included in your endeavors.
- Attention to detail: As one of the communication voices of our company, being detail oriented matters. Aside from avoiding typos and being accurate on technical verbiage (which you’ll have help on), execution has to be top-notch.
Content Marketing Manager Responsibilities
- Research, ideate, and create content for the entire IonQ marketing funnel (from awareness through consideration)
- Build an actionable content strategy plan, and then manage execution from start to finish with internal and external resources
- Insert creative and strategic content recommendations for activating announcements, broader stories, and company achievements
- Identify gaps in the funnel and proactively source opportunities around them with content
- Assess new opportunities to educate and nurture new and existing customers
- Work across the company to create content that supports large and medium scale go-to-market milestones
- Drive and manage all writing and supporting assets and processes (images and illustrations, social graphics and descriptions, etc) related to content you create
- Develop a clear point of view on the best channels for activation of your content
- Actively participate in the governance of content assets
- Create and manage an detailed editorial calendar
- 7+ years of experience creating content (marketing, educational or other) for awareness and marketing effectiveness, preferably for nascent technology companies
- Understanding of inbound marketing and demand generation best practices
- Experience leading major content strategy initiatives
- Experience creating both technical and non-technical content
- Experience in managing major social and blog publication platforms
- Experience working with writers and designers and collaborating with technical team members to uncomplicate ideas into straightforward and actionable content for the funnel for our various audiences
- Knowledge of and experience with multiple content mediums, from video to podcasts and beyond
- Experience developing content that’s conversational and channel-specific
- Experience owning and executing a topical content strategy and track results over time
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.