Lead Frontend Engineer
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We’re proudly supported by investors like GV (Google Ventures), NEA, Amazon, Samsung, Bosch, HP, Airbus, and more.
Our mission is to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems. As a frontend engineer, you’ll be helping scientists program and control our quantum computers, from our cloud platform down to our OS. We’re looking for engineers who love the intersection between great user experiences and the cutting edge of technology.
- Craft UI components, libraries, interfaces, and tools that our own scientists use to manage our quantum computers and that our customers use to access them
- Ensure our UI components are reliable, extensible, and scalable
- Help define our frontend technology strategy
- Design and implement compelling frontend experiences that appeal to quantum novices and experts alike to promote IonQ's mission
You’d be a good fit with:
- 3+ years experience with React
- Experience leading complex technical projects and driving change inside organizations
- A passion for working with users, great user experience, and API design
- Attention to detail on the web, especially around performance, accessibility, reliability and security
You’d be a great fit with:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience or self-study
- Experience building tools for developers
- A love of writing and maintaining great documentation
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.
IonQ Covid-19 Policy: IonQ requires all employees to provide proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 before starting employment.