Help Desk Administrator
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
To build the world's largest and most precise quantum computing platform, we need infrastructure that doesn’t quit. We trap atoms in a vacuum chamber and manipulate them with lasers to perform calculations that we intend to scale beyond the reach of today's supercomputers. Unfortunately, the lasers can’t run our information operations. We’re looking for our first in-house Help Desk Administrator to collaborate with our external 24x7 helpdesk.
We welcome all experiences at IonQ and if you have any combination of these skills, we encourage you to apply!
- Help build the IT function at IonQ
- Manage and define processes for our helpdesk to follow
- Help us maintain SOC2 compliance by implementing and auditing processes
- Manage and deploy Zoom meeting rooms, user provisioning, user support and customer service
- Manage user access to company-supported computer applications and platforms
- Troubleshoot problems and advise on the appropriate action
You’d be a good fit with:
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Experience with distributed and cloud based IT environments (users and SaaS tools)
- Experience with Help Desk ticketing systems (Zendesk, etc.)
- 5+ years experience in IT engineering (e.g., endpoint management, conference room setup, basic networking and system administration, security, etc.)
- Experience managing Google Workspace including auditing, security features
- Strongly capable in a scripting language (Bash Shell, Powershell, Python, etc.)
- Managing Windows server/desktop (Windows 10/11, Server 2016/2019)
- Experience operating and debugging Linux OS internals (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) and networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN)
You’d be a great fit with:
- Experience with an IdP (e.g., JumpCloud, Okta, etc.) for identity and configuration management
- Experience with VMware
- Configuring Single Sign On with SAML
- Familiarity with EDR solutions and responding to escalations around alerts
- Creating scripts for automating tasks
- Knowledge of Jira and Github
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.
IonQ Covid-19 Policy: IonQ requires all employees to provide proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 before starting employment.