Legal Operations Specialist
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We are looking for a Legal Operations Specialist. As our first Legal Operations hire, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team whose mission is to lead IonQ on its journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems.
IonQ is looking for a driven and creative Legal Operations Specialist responsible for creating, refining, and supporting the day-to-day organization of a growing Legal department as well as spearheading the implementation of new software and technology to shape the future of our tech-driven legal team. You will be responsible for providing support both within the department as well as stellar service to our external vendors and partners.
- Implement new legal tools to improve our practices, and manage design, rollout, and training for new systems
- Oversee the daily administration of all legal systems as well as troubleshoot issues, provide recommendations and solutions, and review, suggest, and implement process and technology improvements
- Analyze and report on data and metrics to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to improve process and find solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to address legal department priorities
- Maintain and distribute project information, create documentation, reports, and related work
- Manage administrative aspects of outside counsel and vendor relationships with external consulting company
You’d be a good fit with:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 3+ years of experience relevant to legal operations or relevant operational management role in positions of progressive responsibility
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work and communicate with senior executives
- Experience successfully leading and managing projects and initiatives
- Experience implementing and maintaining legal tooling including Ironclad and Legal Tracker
- Experience managing or helping manage departmental budgets, including law firm and vendor accruals and billing
You’d be a great fit with:
- Experience implementing and maintaining JIRA, Boardvantage, Foundation IP, and Netsuite
- Ability to execute under pressure and within tight timelines while juggling multiple projects
- A subtle yet persuasive way of bringing internal business partners on board with tech process and tooling improvements.
- A self-starter with enthusiasm, who can work independently with minimal oversight on certain projects but who is also a team player and can support projects when needed
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.
IonQ Covid-19 Policy: IonQ requires all employees to provide proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 before starting employment.