Senior Commercial Counsel
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We are looking for a Senior Commercial Counsel. This position involves reviewing and revising documents (e.g., various contract types) submitted for legal review through a legal review request process, tracking the progress/status of the requests assigned, and coordinating with requesters to finalize those documents that require execution. You will also collaborate closely with the supply chain/procurement, sales, and finance teams in preparing contracts for different types of engagements, including research and development agreements, sales agreements, purchasing agreements, services agreements, and the like based on a range of template agreements already available. You will also help draft and provide feedback as needed on new proposed commercial contract templates.
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts (including vendor/supply chain and sales agreements);
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on commercial contracts and related initiatives;
- Create and implement improvements and initiatives to simplify commercial contracting processes; and
- Review laws and regulations and communicate those requirements to business teams.
You’d be a good fit with:
- Experience creating (not only editing) contracts;
- Experience leading contract negotiations;
- Experience resolving complex legal matters (e.g., pre-litigation contract disputes, drafting bespoke contracts for one-of-a-kind strategic partnerships, etc.); and
- Juris Doctor with 5-10 years of combined legal experience at a law firm and a.s in-house counsel
You’d be a great fit with:
- Empathy and proficient communication skills to effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with attorneys and business clients at all levels throughout the company;
- High degree of ownership and bias for action;
- Strong business judgment applied to identify and provide business-oriented guidance to navigate grey areas;
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-growing company; and
- Demonstrated interest in or eagerness to learn about quantum computing.
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.
IonQ Covid-19 Policy: IonQ requires all employees to provide proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 before starting employment.