Quantum Sales Director - Europe
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We are looking for a Quantum Sales Director - Europe. As a Quantum Sales Director - Europe, you’ll be based out of Europe and part of a cross-functional team whose mission is to lead IonQ on its journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems.
- Develop a pipeline of Commercial and Government opportunities for IonQ’s Quantum Computers.
- Focus on opportunities in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa)
- Qualify the opportunities based on budget availability, skills, interest, executive commitment, and timing.
- Form proposals for access to IonQ’s system via the cloud, as a remote dedicated system, or an “on-prem” dedicated system. Take into consideration local restrictions and customs.
- Negotiate agreements and close business relationships.
- Be responsible for customer satisfaction, bringing attention to the broader team for any inhibitors or concerns related to the relationship
You’d be a good fit with:
- An undergraduate degree in Engineering, Science, Math, Computer Science or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum of 10-years experience in Sales/Business Development.
You’d be a great fit with:
- Demonstrable Business Experience/Acumen
- Demonstrated experience working with Governments, National Labs, or Technology Companies
- Proven solid negotiating skills
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.
IonQ Covid-19 Policy: IonQ requires all employees to provide proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 before starting employment.