Senior Full Stack Software Engineer - Quantum Platform
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We don’t just build the world’s best quantum computers–we want them to be usable by everyone, everywhere. We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join a cross-functional team building the IonQ Cloud Platform, which connects our customers to our quantum computers via APIs, tools, and partner clouds like AWS, GCP, and Azure. You’ll help build key components of the platform in collaboration with our product team, applications team, systems team, and scientists to build the best quantum developer experience for our customers and partners.
- Report to Sr Manager of Cloud Engineering, work closely with Infrastructure Engineering, Application Development and Operations teams to provide highly available and fault-tolerant cloud services
- Build, extend and maintain our cloud platform
- Mentor more junior engineers
- Participate in on-call rotations
You’d be a good fit with:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 5+ years professional experience in software engineering, working in a team environment
- Strong experience with large-scale cloud service platforms, and the design of scalable and robust services in the real world
- Experience in programming languages like Go, Python (multiple programming languages a plus)
- Experience working with databases (like MongoDB and/or Postgres)
- Experience working in a cloud native environment (AWS/GCP/Azure, k8s/serverless)
- Ability to design and implement critical application components including UX, API/Services, exception handling, data access, security, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication, excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills
You’d be a great fit with:
- 5+ years of professional full stack software development experience
- 3+ years working with kubernetes
- 3+ years working with NoSQL and SQL databases
- OAuth, OpenID, SAML based authentication experience
- Prior experience developing on Google Cloud Platform
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.
IonQ Covid-19 Policy: IonQ requires all employees to provide proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 before starting employment.