Engineer - Data and Configuration Management
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
In this Engineering Operations role, you will be responsible for providing basic administration and support for engineering applications (tools) in a team-oriented environment. This position will report to the Configuration Management Lead within the Systems Engineering Team.
- Provide basic administrative support for multiple engineering applications: these applications are used within the Engineering department, including, but not limited to CAD Design tools, SW/HW configuration management, issue tracking, company wiki and other engineering development related applications
- Provide basic administrative support to users for new accounts, access, and setup
- Setup and maintain metadata categories and business rules across multiple tools to maintain consistent categorization of technical artifacts
- Maintain defined workflows for engineering processes within the tools
- Provide basic triage and troubleshooting for users to:
- Classify and categorize technical data
- Handle basic requests or assign to other team members as appropriate
- Provide basic assistance with engineering application upgrades as needed
- Provide basic assistance in evaluating, integrating, administrating, and supporting new engineering applications as needed
- Communicate status of work clearly providing visibility to supervisor or mentor
- Learn how to use and apply engineering tools as needed for this role
- Develop, maintain, and deliver Training materials for new users
- Thoroughly document work in an organized manner
- Work collaboratively and professionally in a team environment with other engineers and scientists
You’d be a good fit with:
- 1-5 Years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must demonstrate knowledge, education, experience and/or training necessary to provide basic support for engineering applications
- Scripting experience
- Demonstrate strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate a proficient ability to work directly with users and understand their needs
You’d be a great fit with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field
- 2 years Experience in engineering applications management in a high tech environment
- Experience with the following applications
- Atlassian tool suite including Jira and Confluence
- Solidworks/Solidworks PDM
- PLM tools such as Duro, Windchill, or Arena
- Requirements Management tools such as DOORS or JAMA
- Experience with Scriptrunner
- Software and/or Hardware configuration management experience
- Experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.
IonQ Covid-19 Policy: IonQ requires all employees to provide proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 before starting employment.