Quantum Sales Director, Partnerships
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We are looking for a Quantum Sales Director, Partnerships. You’ll be part of a cross-functional sales team whose mission is to support IonQ on its journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems by working with IonQ’s Partners to broaden IonQ’s customer reach and to commercialize IonQ’s Quantum Hardware and Applications across multiple industry sectors.
- Create IonQ’s Partner strategy and our business strategy in regards to Partnerships
- Develop executive relationships and new partnerships
- Hire, develop, and mentor a strong team
- Form and maintain connections with IonQ Partners and their client base to drive sales
- Identify potential opportunities with IonQ’s Strategic Investors and Alliance Partnerships
- Educate and inform prospects and clients about IonQ’s Quantum Offerings
- Create use cases and applications for clients by sector and provide SME by sector
- Oversee client satisfaction and success of implementation of IonQ offerings
- Build a robust Pipeline of new client opportunities
- Work with internal departments to meet client needs and expectations
You’d be a good fit with:
- Bachelor in Business Administration, Marketing or a related field
- 10 years technology solutions sales experience and deal making skills
- Experience working with major consulting firms selling new technologies to their client base
- Experience with cross functional coordination with internal and external teams and stakeholders
- Expertise in strategy development, negotiation, consensus building and conflict resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and work within a team environment
- Ability to identify a promising lead and create new and repeat sales
You’d be a great fit with:
- PhD in Physics
- Knowledge in Quantum Computing Platforms, Algorithms, Applications
- Expertise and business development experience across multiple industry sectors
- Relationships with Corporate, Academic and Government stakeholders
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.
IonQ Covid-19 Policy: IonQ requires all employees to provide proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 before starting employment.