Investor Relations Director
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We are looking for an Investor Relations Director to help us communicate IonQ’s exciting momentum to the public markets and to take IonQ’s relationship with investors and analysts to the next level. As the first hire at IonQ exclusively focused on investor relations, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team whose mission is to lead IonQ on its journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems. Our Investor Relations Director will be a core contributor to our quarterly earnings process, relationships with buy-side investors, coordination with sell-side analysts, and the growth of our investor relations function.
- Manage the drafting and execution of quarterly earnings calls/press releases
- Build relationships and coordinate communication with buy-side and sell-side analysts, with regular travel for roadshows and investor conferences
- Lead investor targeting efforts
- Organize and lead IonQ analyst events and office visits
- Explore and lead new investor relations strategies to elevate IonQ’s current offerings, including environmental, social and corporate government efforts
- Drive strategy around IonQ’s public narrative, including company press releases
- Draft and review investor materials, including regular investor presentations
- Construct and distribute internal reports to keep IonQ management team informed of our position in the market and with analysts
- Manage the IonQ investor website and mailing list
You’d be a good fit with:
- 10+ years of experience, with a concentration in public company investor relations
- Experience managing investor relations programs
- Experience running investor meetings with buy-side and sell-side analysts
- Deep understanding of company financials and their impacts on investor relations
- Familiarity with common investor relations tools (ex. CapIQ, Factset, IHS Markit)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
You’d be a great fit with:
- Experience in a fast-growing technology company, especially a hardware or deep tech company
- Strong interest in and understanding of quantum computing and the quantum industry landscape
- Existing relationships with leading buy-side and sell-side analysts
- Prior ownership of earnings processes
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.
IonQ Covid-19 Policy: IonQ requires all employees to provide proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 before starting employment.