Senior Manager, Procurement
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Procurement to drive IonQ’s complex procurement process with order and efficiency. In this role, you will be part of a cross-functional team whose mission is to lead IonQ on its journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems. You will work closely with our technical staff to understand their purchases and optimize our vendor relationships.
As Senior Manager, Procurement, you will be responsible for managing the tactical purchasing of all materials, equipment and services that are used by IonQ. You will work closely with other department heads to ensure that everything needed to run the business is acquired in a timely manner and at the best possible price.
Your role will coordinate closely with the rest of the finance department and with our supply chain and engineering teams. In this capacity, you will be responsible not just for managing the daily tactics of placing orders, but also the strategy around our procurement process. If you are someone who loves to run and optimize data-driven processes, and is creative about how to improve those processes over time, this role will be a great fit for you!
- Develop and communicate a procurement business plan; establish, communicate, and implement long-term goals for the department in order to promote effectiveness and efficiency
- Serve as the primary contact for procurement related questions, training, policy and procedure interpretation and alignment by all departments
- Work with requestors and teammates across various organizations to ensure that procurement activities are performed in a timely manner and are aligned with production, engineering, and other key stakeholders
- Regularly evaluate data around IonQ’s existing procurement processes to determine areas for increased efficiency and report out to key stakeholders around IonQ
- Determine and implement a strategy to negotiate on behalf of IonQ to improve our system economics and leverage economies of scale on purchases
- Dive deep with our technical teams to understand the vendors and purchases that are key to IonQ’s long-term success
- Coordinate with our Supply Chain Management group to arrange critical orders for scaling up IonQ’s manufacturing organization
- Play a key role in strategizing the long-term hardware costs and margins for IonQ quantum computers
You’d be a good fit with:
- Outstanding team building and leadership skills
- Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in analyzing purchasing and supplier data in spreadsheets
- Experience using software platforms for MRP and procurement
- Passion for negotiating pricing with vendors to result in favorable terms
You’d be a great fit with:
- Experience managing procurement of technical products, especially hardware products related to chip manufacturing, optics, photonics, and/or computing
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Experience working at a high-growth technology company
- MBA or equivalent degree
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.
IonQ Covid-19 Policy: IonQ requires all employees to provide proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 before starting employment.