Accounts Payable Specialist
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist. As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team whose mission is to lead IonQ on its journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems.
As a member of our accounting team, the Accounts Payable Specialist will maintain responsibility for our books and records related to our vendor relationships. The Accounts Payable specialist will also collaborate with other accounting team members, procurement, and supply chain to resolve vendor related matters. This is a hybrid role, approximately 80% remote and 20% in the office at our HQ in College Park, MD.
- Complete new vendor set-up
- Process invoices and credit card transactions within the Company’s ERP system to ensure accuracy, appropriate expense, location, and department coding
- Prepare Form 1099s
- Respond to internal and external vendor inquiries
- Resolve problems associated with processing of invoices or other vendor related matters ● Adhere to internal controls within the accounts payable process
- Respond to internal and external audit requests
- Identify and propose enhancements to vendor and accounts payable related areas of responsibility to help accelerate the monthly close process
- Perform other duties as assigned
You’d be a good fit with:
- Minimum of 2 years of AP experience
- Ability to professionally interact with vendors and employees
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to process changes
You’d be a great fit with:
- Associate degree in accounting preferred
- Knowledge of NetSuite preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with intermediate knowledge of Excel
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.
IonQ Covid-19 Policy: IonQ requires all employees to provide proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 before starting employment.