Supply Chain Security Analyst - Quantum Computing
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
Quantum computing and security are intimately connected. One day, quantum computers will render RSA trivially crackable; today, protecting our cutting edge research is essential. As a Security Engineer focused on the supply chain, you’ll help ensure that the software and hardware we use inside and outside our quantum computers is secure. This is an opportunity for a security engineer with an emerging or existing interest in the next generation of computing to bring their diverse background and talents into the future.
In the first three months, you’ll be helping to qualify and mitigate the risk in our current supply chain.
- Define and lead our supply chain security program, including defining and tracking relevant metrics
- Identify risks and vulnerabilities across our digital and physical supply chain
- Work closely with our supply chain and engineering teams to develop corrective action plans
- Conduct, coordinate, and perform investigations as required
- Collaborate with both technical and non-technical teams, from legal, to engineering, to finance, to operations, to supply chain
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and enjoy working with security frameworks and delivering quality evidence in support of the overall security program.
You’d be a good fit with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent practical experience -- non-traditional backgrounds are welcome and encouraged!
- 1+ years of experience in supply chain security
- Knowledge of ISO 28000, ISO 31000, ISO 17712, and ISO 27002
- Familiarity with (or certification in) supply chain security programs like AEO, NEEC, PIP, WCO, TAPA, or CTPAT
- Empathy for your internal and external customers and excellent communication skills, since you’ll be working with folks of all backgrounds -- technical and non-technical alike!
You’d be a great fit with:
- Masters degree in Cybersecurity or equivalent
- A background in Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) as it relates to supply chains
- 3+ years experience in supply chain security
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We have also recently announced our new manufacturing and production facility in the Seattle, Washington area. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, Boston and Toronto metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.