Principal Software Technical Program Manager - Quantum Computing
IonQ is developing the world's most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We are looking for a Principal Technical Program Management focusing on Software . In this role you will be part of the multi-faceted technology groups that deliver both quantum and classical computing solutions. Our mission is to deliver confidence in our software organization’s journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems.
- Participate in leading the Software TPM team to fulfill the mission of achieving software objectives for IonQ’s next generation quantum computers
- Own the end-to-end journey for software deliverables required to unleash this new computing paradigm. Work with internal and external partners on software innovations
- Lead multiple software work streams for system integration traversing the entire software stack from low-level firmware up to application layer
- Closely collaborate with our hardware, manufacturing, system integration and quality teams to reach our collective objective and product delivery
- Create and manage software project plans including scope definition, priorities, timelines, key milestones and major deliverables, ensure resource alignment, and drive teams forward at a rapid pace
- Build internal processes to operationalize project execution and continue to fine-tune the processes to adapt to new learnings
- Execute with clarity and a problem-prevention mind-set; however, when projects encounter significant obstacles, roll up your sleeves, ask questions, dive into details, and lead problem solving efforts with a high sense of urgency and bias for action
- Create effective communications for leadership through concise, data-driven project status updates, presentations, and discussions
You’d be a good fit with:
- 5+ years experience in managing projects and delivering technical/product goals within aggressive timelines
- The ability to guide technical teams through problems and situations with high levels of ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience working with real-world product
- Highly effective written, visual and verbal communication skills
- Experience in requirements definition and refinement
- B.S. in physics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, or other technical field
You’d be a great fit with:
- 10+ Years experience in Technical Program Management
- Experience in delivery of software for complex systems
- Proficient executive presentation and communication skills
- 3+ Years experience in leading, managing TPMs and/or engineers
- Advanced degree/education in physics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, other technical field, and management/business training
This job can be worked from our Seattle, Washington; College Park, Maryland; or our Toronto, Canada offices.
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We have also recently announced our new manufacturing and production facility in the Seattle, Washington area. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle and Toronto metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.